Thursday 19 September 2013

I think I'm becoming a Stephen West fan

All without casting on a single stitch!  Yesterday it was the Earth and Sky Shawl (which I will be getting around to, when I free up some more needles and finish off a couple of projects).  Today it's the Chadwick.


I am going to have to get an ebook or something...and a lot more sock yarn.  I think I love the fact that it's not a lacy design...which I think I inherently think "Lace + Shawl = Grandma" (not to be confused with "Lace + Sock = Cool Socks).  It's mostly colour usage.  I am a big fan of colour blocking in my everyday wear.  It's a nice modern twist on a shawl, and makes it a lot more gender neutral...if you knows guys who would wear them and luckily for me, I don't so it's more for me).  I would love to be a part of his test knitting crew.  Heck, I'd even pay the money for his shawl club, if I had the money to do it. And after checking around online, I couldn't find a current one anyways so it would be a purchase the book and try to knit my way through it.

I actually went hunting around my room last night looking for my 4US circular needles.  I have a box in my room that contains (or is supposed to contain) all my knitting needles when they are not on a project or zipped up in a project waiting to be used.  I keep the packaging that the needles come in and put them back when finished so I know what size it is.  According to this system, I should have a set of 4US ChiaoGoo circular needles in 47" (or maybe it was 38") on a project.  As of now, I have no idea where this mysterious project it and I don't loan out any circular needles.  I found the 4US tips for my interchangeable set but the cord I need is currently being used for the Shapely Boyfriend.  So there is the incentive I require to finish it off, or at least the body since I really only have 5 more rows. I'd still prefer the fixed ones instead but I'll deal with the Interchangeables and get my shawl instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment