Monday 2 September 2013

Keep your character and keep classy

I am happy for the concept of character and the fact that I have it.  Things have been going oddly, to say the least in regards to friendship in the past couple of months.  I generally take the pacifist approach to drama and avoid it like the plague. The only drama I like is scripted and on a screen.  So when it looks like drama is about to ensue somewhere near, I tread very carefully.

As far as I'm concerned, I have now been dragged into the middle of it and have been blasted in what I consider to be a public arena. I have been lied about, based on what has been reported to me by someone who was a close friend.

Funnily enough, I was just waiting for something to happen where my name would be dragged into this situation further. I accepted the information and was happy to find out that the person who reported the information knows my character and knows that I do not lie.

I admit I am not a perfect person and I will be the first one to tell anyone how lazy I am but two things I have always known about myself; 1) I do not give away people's secrets.  They are not mine to share. 2) I don't lie.  I am horrible at it and it's a skill I am happy that I don't have.

I am not even worried about what has been blasted about me. The people who matter, know me, know the situation or at the very least will come and ask me for the truth. Everyone else don't worry me. I can go to my bed with a clear conscience and get a full night's rest.

And as my birthday twin always says, "Keep it Classy". I have and I will continue to do so.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite thought on these things is: "You shouldn't have to explain yourself. Your friends won't need it and your enemies won't believe it."

    Good for you to stay classy!

    ReplyDelete