Wednesday 15 May 2013

Blankie Update

Total Count: 94.5 + 8.5 = 103

This Blankie is progressing nicely. I'm over 100 squares! Yippee! I counted the starter squares and I'm at 25. I don't know if I'll make it go to an even 30 or not. That would mean that I need at least another 5 starter squares to go.

I finished 1 ball of Knitpicks Stroll in black. So that's about 1 ball per 100 squares. I have 1 remaining ball of black. I got a cart with another 9 balls sitting in it (plus a few more things to make it to $50) just waiting to be purchased. Hopefully I can get it before I finish another 100 squares.

Correction: I measured it against my queen size bed. It's wider than my bed so it's only up to go 

Lessons Learned
- listen when they say to pick up stitches with a smaller needle or at the very least do a provisional cast on with a larger needle. It is difficult or at the very least to pick up stitches when the next stitch is getting repeated smaller because after 5 minutes you finally managed to pick up the previous stitch. Must locate a 2US in my needle stash - not fun, mind you.
- the colour work square doesn't look too bad. I just have to be neater in their construction.
- I really need to start weaving in my ends.

Picture:
Picking up stitches from provisional cast on. At the very least I got the provisional cast on down pat!


This is the full pic of the Blankie as it stands. It's not all attached yet but it will be by next week.

Note to self: monitor the left overs I have and make sure they don't all go towards the anklets plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment