Wednesday 29 May 2013

It was much fun

As I said yesterday, I had to pack a small knitting project while I went in my trip. I did but I didn't touch it. I was having too much fun in Niagara with my bestfriend.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites. It is a beautiful hotel. We didn't reach until almost 10pm and quickly went up to our suite on the 11th floor. I was shocked with how big the suite was. When we walked in, there was a sitting room with 2 couches and a TV. We passed through a hallway, which contained the door to the bathroom with a jacuzzi, and came across 2 queen sized beds plus another TV and a side view of the falls. We could see the Skylon Tower right outside the window.

After awhile of walking around the suite with our mouths agape, we went down to The Keg (vouchers are a good thing). I got a Caesar salad, mashed potatoes and a steak. Did you know there's a "more cooked" steak than well done? The steak was really good as was the mashed potatoes but what I was really looking forward to was the Caesar salad. I had had it previously from The Keg and fell in love with it. Believe me when I say that my plate only required a hot water rinse by the time I was done with it.

We went back up to the room and fell on our ridiculously comfy beds and watched the commercials about movies, trying to decide if we would watch them. The only one we agreed on was "Oz: the Great and Powerful". It was supposed to be $4.99 but it kept going up to $14.99 when we wanted to order it. So no movie. I will see that movie someday.

This morning was a breakfast buffet that reminded me why I don't go out for breakfast. I don't eat pork, I'm allergic to eggs and I don't really like pancakes. So my breakfast consisted of hash browns, ketchup and fruit. My bestfriend enjoyed the omelette station.

We checked out and went to Dave & Busters to use up a $25 voucher. Played some games, won some erasers, slinkies and poppers. 

And then the more serious stuff happened. We drove to Hamilton so I could apply at some of the job agencies in the area. One of them actually is associated with a French Immersion program which I would like to take advantage of.

Made it home tonight and I plan to get a good night's sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment