Sunday 12 May 2013

Come-a-long Blog Update


This week has been a multi project week. I managed to finish 1 foot of each sock for the April/May in the sock club.


I'm almost half way through knitting the second sock of the Pirouette Socks. It seems so much easier the second time around. I think the next time I knit these socks, I'm going to go with Cookie's alternative of using yarn over instead of the various make ones. Let's see if I remember this when I'm ready to do these again.


The Tulips (right sock from the first picture) will be worked on when the Pirouettes are done. Seems like by this time next week, I will have started on it.

I still have multiple socks that I have to do the 2nd sock for: Stitch Surfer, Dark Isle, Bex. Lots of work to keep me busy.

Projects Completed for 2013:

WIPs:

7 comments:

  1. Oh pretty socks ! You could start a trend of wearing mis-match socks :)
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may start doing that with some socks, or at least the stash of anklets that I plan to make! It seems like an extra bit of fun for my feet.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I could force myself through that many second socks ... I'd better stick with knitting pairs before starting new ones!

    I prefer lifted increases as opposed to yarn overs, but perhaps that's because it's so d*mned cold here! Should I really have to walk through fifteen minutes of ice pellets in May?!?! That's what today had in store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just missed the ice pellets, not that I'm complaining.

      As for the second sock syndrome, that's why you knit other projects in between, and hopefully you kept decent notes for when it comes time to finish the pair.

      Delete
  3. Great looking socks! I just learned this year and now I just tried DPNs and love them. Next year there will be LOTS of socks on my list! Good job! Come back more often! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DPNs were the original way that I learned how to do socks, but the. I had to try out magic loop. Now that I picked up DPNs again, I like it more too :)

      Delete
  4. I just learned dpn socks...and I think I like the trend you about to start with lots of mismatched anklets..

    ReplyDelete