Monday 27 May 2013

Come-a-long Update

Now the Pirouettes are truly done! And I LOVE them!  They still need to be washed but I'm going to wait until I have a few more pairs of socks to throw them in.


I casted on for the second sock of the Tulips. I'm a little bit under halfway on the leg but I expect by the end of today, I will be much further along.


I'm only 3/4 of the way through 1 sock for my friend's baby. The shower is next Sunday, and I had wanted to make 2 pairs. I need to get on that.


I can finally resume working on my Hermione's whatever-whatever. I found a yarn shop in Hamilton that I love that sells Knitter's Pride DPN, which are almost the same as Harmony DPNs and I could rightly afford. No rush in this mittens. The completed hand is already hot enough as it is, much less both.


The Sproulette Dress yarn, needles and pattern has been placed in the freezer sized ziplock bag...and it's due for 2 weeks from now. Just found out that's when the baby shower is. I think right after I finish the Tulip socks and the baby socks (real quickly), I'll have to get started on the baby dress which I have never attempted to do before.


5 comments:

  1. socks and mittens..*sigh* projects that I am not great at..but it's posts like this that make me want to keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help inspire :p I'm actually enjoying the process more this year than I was last year. I think the idea of getting a lot if socks at the end of the year makes me want to continue.

      Delete
  2. LOVE your socks...such pretty patterns and as I have not yet attempted a pair of socks yet, I should say you have inspired me. You have a full/busy plate in front of you--hope you get it all done. :)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Socks are such fun! I hope you do get to try some out. You could try the first pair I made ; Monkey by Cookie A.

      I am making progress. I think in more worried about the little dress. If I don't get it done, the baby's not due until August anyways.

      Delete
  3. Love all the socks. The pirouettes look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete