Wednesday 22 May 2013

Instead of finishing a sock

There is so little left to do to finish the Pirouette Socks but yet, instead of finishing up the toe on the right sock, I casted on for a pair of baby socks. I've got 2 friends who are due in the summer. While I've found a dress for the baby girl who's due in August (the Sproulette Dress), it is harder to find something that I like for a baby boy, especially when you don't have the money to buy the appropriate yarn. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to make some baby socks. I've got quite a bit of sock yarn left overs which is more than enough for a few pairs of socks for a newborn.


I've made it pretty far for the first sock and it should be finished tomorrow. I have another 1/2-1" left to go before I start the toe.

I had to do a short row heel, which I have never done before. At the very least, it's a good way to experiment for what to use for anklets. See the full circle and how everything goes back to the anklets?

I promise that I will finish the right foot for the Pirouette Socks by Thursday, so I can show them off to T and get started on the Tulip socks. I need to have those done as soon as possible. The next shipment of yarn from the Cookie Sock Club should be here soon and I want my needles free by the time the patterns arrive.

Note to self: go and check out the next shipment days for the sock club and start to salivate in anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment