Wednesday 1 May 2013

Observations

It's amazing how quickly (and barely noticing) yarn can go in a project. Today was a Blankie day. I actually looked inside the ziplock bag and saw that I really don't have much black yarn left. Luckily I still have 1 50g ball left but at the rate I've been working on this Blankie, I don't know how much longer I can work with what I have. At the very least, I still have enough yarn for about 80 squares...that should keep me good for a few months.

Recently, I have been looking over the Shelly Kang's Blog, The Heathen Housewife, just reading more about her Blankie.  There is so much work that goes into putting this thing together.  I really liked her idea of Blankie Friday.  Me, I make no guarentees about Friday topics however, I do like the idea of having a designated day for the Blankie.  It actually gets to show progress by more than a couple squares at a time.  I may just do them on Wednesday (starting next week at the earliest) and maybe not every week...especially since I'm just happy to be able to update the blog with something everyday.

Come to think of it, maybe I could have certain projects dedicated to different days...not for knitting specifically but just update on their progress.  I'll still keep a general update going for the projects and the rest of my life, which surprisingly isn't all about knitting...although reading this blog would really make you think so.

As of now, I'm still thinking of exactly who the Shout Out should be for tomorrow.  I think I got an idea but I'm still hemming and hawing over it...and wondering if I should just save it for another week.  I guess I'll decide by tomorrow but if you don't see it tomorrow, you'll know it will just come along later on.

On a more personal note, I have a job interview tomorrow.  Hopefully this goes well so there's some income for me and I'll be able to pay for my transportation again; April's done so the bus pass has expired, I don't got money for another one and I only have 3 bus tokens left in my possession which will be finished by the end of the week.  I'll also not have to listen to my brother singing "There's no food in the house!  There is nothing to eat!" I'm afraid there will be verses soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment