Friday 24 May 2013

Shout Out! Handknit Yarn Studio

Odd day for a Shout Out but since I have only done this a couple of times before, it's alright!

I reached to Hamilton early today and made my way to a new yarn shop that I discovered on Ravelry less than a week ago; Handknit Yarn Studios at 4 Cannon St. E in Hamilton.


I am so happy to have found this store. It works perfectly as an LYS for when I move to Hamilton. 


I am loving their shelving and I'm thinking this would be great in a hobby or living room. And if it were to be full of yarn too, that would be great! Retirement planning at work.

HKYS seems to specialize (or is working on) in Canadian yarns and dyers, which I love and will collect when I can. I have also found that they sell Knitter's Pride needles, which are said to be the same as the KnitPicks Harmony Wood needles (before KP sent their needles to be manufactured elsewhere). I got a size 3US so I can now work on the Hermione whatever-whatevers.


Thank you Kate for making my first visit wonderful. I will definitely visit again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment