Tuesday 28 May 2013

Plans go awry

I have wanted shortbread cookies since last week so I bought butter, which was the only missing ingredient or so I thought. I took out the butter to soften it this morning and then went hunting for the rest of the ingredients. I had the flour, I found sugar, the salt and the butter. I brought up the mini mixer from my mother's kitchen, along with the rolling pin and was ready to work, until I couldn't find wax paper. That's something that finishes in our house very quickly so I went online to find an alternative; aluminum foil. Perfect! Just saw it yesterday. I continued to search both kitchens trying to find it. I even called my mother...there is none but she's getting some from work today. I'm not going to be here tonight. So now I have to lug everything back to where it was and not have any cookies :*( I guess I'll have to do it later this week.

I did finish one sock for the first pair of baby socks an I'm working on the cuff of the second. I know it won't take too long to finish so hopefully I'll have it done tonight or tomorrow during the day. I think I'll travel with an additional little ball of yarn, just in case I can start another one.


2 comments: