Friday 18 January 2013

Dyes and knits

What do you do when all that's running through your mind is starting an online business for something that I like to do? Or at least what I've tried so far.

For me, it's all about dyeing yarn however I am still very much a newbie. I enjoy using Kool-aid but there isn't as much colour variety to get at my local stores. It's like no one wants to add their own sugar to a kool aid mix. And as time goes on, it's too expensive to buy the packets but going to commercial dyes will be more cost effective. Also, the colour combinations will be much more extensive. I finally found somewhere where I can get a syringe without a needle (yay Shoppers Drugmart in an area where there are a lot of senior citizens). I have found decent places online to buy undyed yarns. I have ordered and I have liked. I still want to try BFL yarn. The only thing I haven't been able to locate is a place to buy citric acid. I have been trying to find it at local grocery stores but I haven't seen it yet. I'll try to find it at a bulk food store. I'm kind of leery to buy any kind of white powder online however the other choice is vinegar. I don't think I want the smell of vinegar on the yarn.

The only other thing right now I need to do learn the crocheting.

On to the project update.

You know those times you want to work on a project except your eyes are already half asleep? I'm going through that right now. I'm almost at the half point for this panel so I'm still holding to my mid next week finish line for this panel. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment