Tuesday 29 January 2013

Oh Blankie, My Blankie

Today was a continuation of last night.  It was spent on knitting Blankie (while still watching episode 2 and 3 of "Downton Abbey").  I managed to do 5 starter squares in less than 24hrs.  I even had a theme/pattern going on but I messed up on the last square and picked the wrong red.  Ah well.  I still like my progress.  I think I'm going to start building up from these 5 (it's really 6 squares since I'm in the middle of knitting a square).  Eventually of course, it will be added to the rest of it.  I also belatedly realized that I don't have enough black sock yarn so I'm going to order more from Knitpicks, along with the "Principles of Knitting" book that I've been admiring for quite awhile.


I brought the progress to the knitting circle (it is Tuesday after all).  The Librarian Kathy who's in charge of the program, donated yarn to my Blankie cause, and gave me the stash of sock yarn that someone else had donated to the library.  I've never even heard of this brand of yarn but it's cool to own it.  It's wool and it's made to be washed so it's good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment