Friday 11 January 2013

Treasure Trove

I was honoured when my adopted grandmother, Grandma B, offered these wonderful trinkets to me when she found out what I was knitting.

I had pulled out my Juniper Fingerless gloves today and worked on the right hand. I told her that I was on the hunt for buttons to decorate them with. She quickly walked out of the kitchen and came back with a Samsonite suitcase (not the newer soft case ones but a dark pink hard shelled one that they haven't made since at least the 50's). Inside of this case was a veritable treasure trove of vintage buttons. I was in awe. Of course I found some matching ones and some brightly coloured ones, metal , plastic, wood etc! She allowed me to take quite a few of them. After going through them, I want to go to places like a flea market to hunt down some unique or vintage buttons to put on my knitted projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment