Wednesday 2 January 2013

Crocheting Sock Blanks

I have finally figured out a decent reason to crochet! I was perusing Ravelry, as per usual, and I read about someone crocheting a sock blank so I could dye it.

Me: wonderful idea AND I could practice crochet!

The only crocheting I can do is a simple chain stitch. Half of my knitting circle only crochets and hearing them talk about double trebbles is like a foreign language. I promised one of the ladies, that I would allow her to teach me how to crochet. Sock blanks sound like good practice for the basics.

As for dyeing the sock blank, I purchased one from KnitPicks on my last order for this month's Dye-a-long on the "What a Kool way to dye" group on Ravelry. I'm going to try and do it tonight. I still haven't decided on the colour transition that I'm going to do just yet but I'm anticipating a good experience again but I'm not wanting to pay almost $15 for a sock blank when the same undyed yarn costs $10 from the same place, hence the crocheting sock blank.

On another note, I went to a family post New Year's dinner and the family decided that we would start instituting a game night for once a month. I am looking forward to it. I probably won't be so amazing but maybe I can kick some butt at Scrabble (I practice with Words with Friends on my phone all the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment