Sunday 20 January 2013

I think I did something good

I volunteer at a food bank every month for the past year or so (it was 3 times a year for about 5 or 6 years). Today it was bitterly cold. A woman came in just saying that her hands were cold. I was wearing my recently finished Juniper Fingerless mitts. I didn't even think or hesitate. I took them off my hands and handed them too her. She didn't want to take them at first but I told it was okay since I knit them myself and I could make another pair. It really confirmed the idea of knitting gloves, mittens and hats for the homeless, I guess starting close to home.

I'm making a good pace with the Anisette Cardi but I don't think this panel as quickly as I hoped. I had planned I working a lot more on I when I got home from the food bank but I was tired and went to sleep. I finished the night out by doing about 6 rows. It's still progress.

Another bonus note: an email I sent to the Quiver Podcast (a pod cast about the television show "Arrow") got read on air. It's the second one. First one had me grinning like a loon and bouncing. This one put a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment