Tuesday 1 January 2013

So a foot of each

I managed to finish 1 foot of the Bex sock for my best friend and 1 foot of the Stitch Surfer sock.

The Bex turned out well but I'm not used to having to knit so long (my foot is 2.5 US shoe sizes smaller than hers). I was ready to finish but it wouldn't have been long enough for her foot. I very much prefer doing socks for myself.

The Stitch Surfer sock was coming along quite well until the bind off. I have never had to finish a toe up sock so I have no practical experience with finishing them off. The bind off I used was way too tight and can't make it past my heel. Ah well! It was good practice. I'll make another set with a solid and strippy yarn with the proper bind off. This one will go on some kind of display.





No comments:

Post a Comment