Saturday 5 January 2013

It's really time for bed

It's pretty much 11:30 at night. I would be asleep if I didn't have to finish up my laundry. While I wait for the laundry, I knit a bit (still only at 1" of the cuff). I think I'm too tired to really make any progress tonight.

I got to spend some quality time with my little sister. She's the baby of the family but we don't live at the same house. I generally see her once a week but anytime I spend with her is always memorable. She has the most attitude I have ever seen in a four year old girl. One of the older girls at my church gave her a handful of Doritos (already not a good idea since my sister doesn't really eat food except for candy and other such junk foods). My sister finished them off and wanted more. So while playing around with my dad BlackBerry Playbook (or I'm assuming its his because if these are the kinds of perks a child gets for being his kid, I need to get caught up), she goes over to where she knows the chips are being stashed and takes out more. She happily tells me she got more chips. I'm like "Did my sister seriously just steal another kid's snack?". So I asked her if she got permission . Lil sis tells me no. So

Me: did you ask permission?
Sis: no
Me: don't you think you should ask permission before you take more chips?
Sis: I can't find her
(Me thinking his child has not even left the room to find the owner of the chips)
Me: well until you get permission, you can't eat any of the chips.

She looks at me flabbergasted that anyone dared to tell her no. She tried to sneak a chip and I caught her. She also tried to crush them smaller so obviously the true owner of the chips wouldn't want them. I so hope she grows out of the attitude but she did wait until she was able to get permission before eating them and even getting more on top of what she had.

No comments:

Post a Comment