Wednesday 17 April 2013

A day of domesticity

Wednesdays are the day that I try to cook for the family.

First I decided that I was going to do the Lavender Shortbread Cookies from Cookie A. I even got assurance for B1 that she would help me with it. Mind you lavender seems to be in short supply at my local grocery stores so I'm making them with no lavender and a batch with cocoa powder. I hope they'll turn well. I want to send some for one of my brothers who's allergic to eggs and the son of my friends who shares the same allergy. Now there's only one other problem. I had half of a pack of butter in the fridge and apparently someone has been using it. I'll have to send B1 to pick it up after school today.

I have been wanting to try making meatballs for a while now . However trying to get help from the people in my house to make something never goes well. My mom takes over and leaves you sitting in the corner, if not just leaving the kitchen. My aunt prefers to direct while watching her soaps. This means she's not getting up to check what you're doing. I have had to come up with my own solution for things that I don't know how to cook. Look up the recipe and do it myself

No comments:

Post a Comment