Tuesday 2 April 2013

The want vs the means

I got an newsletter email from The Purple Purl. This month they featured a knit-a-long of a summer sweater featuring yarn from Sweet Georgia. I immediately decided I wanted to participate. I was sure I could find the time to finish the sweater before July 1st.

And then I sat and REALLY thought about it. A sweaters worth of Sweet Georgia is not cheap. That's about $100 of money that I really don't have. I also don't have a pressing need for a sweater either. I still have my Shapely Boyfriend cardigan to do. Unless I miraculously get $100 in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to have to pass for now. I can still make the sweater but it will have to wait until I really have more free money.

This seems like its the first time I said no to a knit-a-long due to not having the money to spare. It's not like I don't have money in my account but I guess I'm starting to grow up and really want to see money in my account. Yay for maturity.

I was surprised when I was leaving for Knitting Circle #1 today when I saw a package in the mailbox addressed to me. Colour me confused, especially when it said it was from Quebec. I went back to the house and opened the package. Lo and behold it was my dress. The same dress I ordered late Saturday night. How it reached to my house so quickly with the weekend and the non mail holiday yesterday, I will never know. I'll be sure to go home and admire it after Knitting Circle.

Admired the dress and it looks awesome. I'm going to use a wider belt that I have with it instead. I saw a pair of black wedges that will look good with it to. All that would be left to find is a cardigan in either beige or black. I think the only change I would like would be if the dress had pockets.

I put down the Blankie today and started the Shapely Boyfriend Cardigan. I just noticed a problem but I don't think it's going to be too big of an issue. I should be using worsted weight. I thought I purchased worsted weight. I looked on Ravelry to change this cardigan for queue to projects, when I noticed off to the side that my Cascade 220 Superwash is a DK weight. I had to go looking through other people who have done this project and there have been a few people who did it with the same yarn in DK weight and no adjustments had to be made. So I'm hoping for the best and I'm going to continue as is.

The Cardigan is actually coming along well and since it is 12:37 am from where I am, I'm going to sign off and go to my bed.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment