Tuesday 23 April 2013

Almost Unmovtivated

I keep looking at the bag with the Pirouette socks and get frustrated.  I don't even have to open the bag or move it from its spot hanging off the headboard of my bed.  I don't know if I think that I messed it up or if I'm too scared of doing it wrong.  I still need help with it...and as I type this and remember that it's Tuesday, I could have gone to see T today to get help...excuse me as I bang my head on the keyboard ;jlaksfd

I haven't reached the point where I'm going to frog it but I wanted to knit again and still being otherwise frustrated with my DPNs situation from yesterday, I casted on for the other sock club socks called Tulip.  The plan was to use Grapfruit Sunrise from the Tosh-Along that I dyed earlier on this year but the skein is frustrating me (see a lot of frustrating me).  The skein came from Knitpicks and is the Bare Stroll Sock.  It doesn't seem to come skeined like everyone else, including their skeined sock yarn.  I did somewhat notice it when I was dyeing it but figured I was just not looking at it correctly and it would "fix" itself when I was ready to use it.

Well it didn't.  I couldn't even place it properly on the swift.  I didn't want to cut the starting string so I skeined it back to the figure 8 and put it back on the shelf.  It's reasons like this that make me not want to order it again.  I pulled out my BFL Peacock Fury.  It caked beautifully and I casted on no problem for the Tulip Socks on the 1.5 US DPNs, one of the few sizes where there are no missing or broken needles.

This also gives me another project to do.  I did one successful re-dye of Carol's Eyes so in theory, I should be able to re-dye Grapefruit Sunrise if I get another undyed skein right?

I'm currently travelling with the Tulip Socks, the Hermione whatever-whatevers, the Shapely Boyfriend Cardigan, which are all stashed in my backpack while I hem and haw over which project to work on while at the Tuesday Knitting Circle.  I think I can save the Tulip socks for when I reach back home to watch Dancing with the Stars, Jimmy Fallon and Castle.  I think the Shapely Boyfriend might be the project of choice, especially since I do have to finish fixing my error.  Maybe tomorrow will get a progress picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment