Friday 5 April 2013

Not destined to be a sock

I got 2 orders in today; the DK weight undyed yarn (which looks like fingering to me, go fig) and the yarn from my sock club shipment.

I saw the club yarn online from other members of the club and I was not too impressed with the colour not to mention it's 100% wool. I don't want to have to repair socks and I don't want to take the chance that I will have to. I'll pull out something else from my stash to make a pair of socks. I just have to sit and wait until the pattern makes its appearance on Ravelry.

I may attempt the Sproulette with it within the time frame. It would be for a gift anyways for a baby girl who is not even born yet.

I still haven't decided what colour(s) to use for the DK weight yarn. I didn't want to do the pale blue which I seem to do so often. Maybe I can try a dark blue/purple vibe and see how it turns out.

Onto the Shapely Boyfriend. I separated the sleeves from the body, or at least I reached 75% of the way before I realized I had messed up and I had to start again. I was reading for the wrong size. I was going to continue with the smaller size but that would mean having to undo 9 rows of work. If I kept it at the original planned size, I only had to undo the current row. I did manage to fix the problem. I actually knitted on the bus on the way to Hamilton and am well on my way to the body.



No comments:

Post a Comment