Friday 19 April 2013

I think I may have my first commission

I have been making good progress on my Hermione whatever whatever's. I just have to start decreasing for the top of the mitten, then the thumb and the. The actual convertible portion.

A couple of days ago I dyed the other DK skein that I had in order to make the second hand and hopefully the hat. Don't ask me what made me decide to look into my drawer of caked yarns but lo and behold, there sat the other half of my first skein, all caked and ready to go...I think I'll have enough. At the very least, it's was an activity of duplicating colours and I think I passed the test.

One of the ladies from the Thursday evening knitting circle was admiring the yarn and then asked me how much I would sell it for. I told her the cost of the base yarn, added a few dollars and told her I could attempt to dye a skein for her. She said she would be willing to buy and that she would bring the scarf she wanted me to try to match. Cool! I think another order from ACME Fibres may be necessary since I have none left. Mate I should get 2; one for testing the colour and another for the actual dye.

1:09 am Friday
Am I happy or what? I closed the hand of the left side of my Hermione's whatever whatever! I'm going to add the thumb and then start on the right hand. I JUST managed to finish this cake of yarn. I had about 6" left to sew in.



No comments:

Post a Comment