Thursday 4 April 2013

Thirty-Three done

I just started the Shapely Boyfriend a little bit over 24 hrs ago and I'm already finished row 33 which means I can start the front increases. I've added some stripes which is actually looking kind of nice. I've noticed that the stripes go kind of wonky at the increases. I think I've found a solution to the problem in regards to the stripes. I have been changing the colour on the wrong side row. When I reach the right side row, and it's time to do the Right Lifted Increase and Left Lifted Increase, I have to pull of the stitch 2 rows below the current row. Which means the wrong colour comes up. If I had changed the colour on the right side row, the colour that would be pulled up would be the same as the previous row. At least if I do this sweater again, I shouldn't have the same problem. Yes I'm already wanting to make another one of these, or at least another raglan type sweater.

I am LOVING this Cascade 220 Superwash yarn! It doesn't feel itchy, it looks good and it knits up well. Heck! I even love the way they ball it up. I can start knitting immediately from it. When the means comes around, and I see a sale for it, I will stock up with enough for 2 or so sweaters.

I got the notice that my DK weight yarn from Acme Fibres. It should be in my hands by tomorrow :) I'll try to dye it on Sunday. I still haven't even decided what colours to use yet. I think I may dye both skeins so I can make a matching hat or something.

I got the shoes I wanted (and could afford) today. Just simple black wedges and closed toe which apparently is very difficult to find [insert eye rolling smiley].

No comments:

Post a Comment