Sunday 7 April 2013

Too soon...sigh...

Things were going so well. I was ready to start the waist shaping. I just wanted to try it on and then write the blog update. I told myself not to worry. Obviously the stars were aligned and nothing would go wrong.

Yeah...that didn't happen. I put it on and a swear I felt the stitches pulling off the needles. I tried to save the stitches and I managed to do it on one side but the other side looks horrendous. Therefore I'm going to do something I have never done before. I am going go back a few rows and redo it. You don't know how happy I am that I learned this technique from the afterthought heel on the Dark Isle socks.

I am now in the last few minutes of my birthday. It was a good and simple day. My mom made me a birthday came I could eat. You don't know how rare that is. I like baked goods very simple: chocolate, vanilla and marble. No mousse. No icing. No dipped fruits. Real simple. I got a hazelnut crunch cake. I don't know what the crunch part of this cake was but I was good.





No comments:

Post a Comment