Thursday 4 April 2013

T, I will finish it before I have great grandchildren

There is now an on-going "joke" that my Blankie will take 50 years to finish. Especially when T found out how I wanted it to fit a Queen sized bed. If you see this update, I'm calling you out T! Lol!

And with that, I haven't worked on my Blankie since Monday...I think...

I've been enjoying knitting the Shapely Boyfriend too much. The stripping is going just the way I want it to. I think I'll hold off on any additional stripes until the body and maybe again on the hips. I'm only a few rows from separating the sleeves. I am so excited! Hopefully I'll reach to the row before it, by the time I go to bed.

Tonight I saw T was working on the most adorable baby dress by Tanis Lavallee (the wonderful indie dyer of Tanis Fibre Arts) named Sproulette. Once I saw it, I was thinking who could I make this for. Lucky for me, all my friends have just had children or they will before the year is out. So I bought it. I finally have a use for my 100% wool fingering weight. I should find a baby boy's outfit or shirt.

I didn't get my DK weight yarn today, the the Canada Post Tracking app promised. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow so I can dye a skein over the weekend. The next skein for the sock club should be arriving tomorrow or so, especially since the pattern should be coming on Monday. I really want to see what kind of socks will be available and what kind of treats B1 and I can whip up.

Funny story: B2 (who is 9), came into my room last night AFTER Arrow (smart child that she is), with a netbook showing me recipes for desserts she wants me to make. Yeah, I think that's a strong hint that she wants me to bake again.



No comments:

Post a Comment