Monday 15 April 2013

It's finally mine

A lot has happened today.

I had a consultation about laser correction for my eyes. I want to do it and apparently I would be the perfect candidate. The only problem is OHIP won't pay it which means it will be completely out of pocket. Anyone have $5400 they want to donate to the cause?

By the time I got home after the visit, I was ready to get something to eat and then take a long nap. Before the nap could occur, the mail arrived and I got a package. What was it? The copy of "The Enchanted Sole" by Janel Laidman I ordered from back in December plus a copy of "The Sock Report". Just by flipping through the books I have discovered that I need more yarn. Most likely this will be through buying more undyed sock yarn from Acme Fibres and dyeing it myself. Yup! Liking the plan :D

I managed to work on the Hermione's Flip-Top whatever it's called. I was planning to make them shorter than recommended due to not having enough yarn dyed however after seeing the hat these gloves were based on, I am going to make the matching hat. This means I have to dye the other DK skein which means I will have enough yarn for the projects. This will also be the first time I will attempt to to match a previously dyed skein. So here's hoping for the best.

I'm planning for Wednesday to be a baking day. It'll be shortbread cookies. I'll also make a batch for one of my brothers who can't eat eggs and the son of my friends' who can't eat eggs either. It was sad to let everyone taste the cookies but they couldn't eat any. My brother has perfected the puppy dog look.





No comments:

Post a Comment