Thursday 18 April 2013

Shout Outs! ACME fibres

I've decided to implement a new type of entry on my blog.  It is a pleasure to introduce to you Shout Outs.

The main premise of shout outs is to give my thanks and appreciation for a company and/or a person for something that has positively affected me.

What inspired the creation of this is the wonderful customer service I have received from Cheri at ACME Fibres, a Canadian-owned undyed yarn supplier (who also sells Malabrigo yarn, Hiya Hiya Needles, Spindles, soaks, etc).  This is as of yet my favourite company to buy undyed yarns from.

I heard about ACME Fibres from an advertisement on Ravelry; you know the ones on the bottom of the forum pages that are actually useful. I ordered a couple of skeins of sock yarn and smaller Hiya Hiya circular needles.  I was shocked at how quickly it arrived to my house.  It could be a bonus of being in the same province but with Canada Post, you never know (it took a week and a half to get a skein of yarn from another Ravelry user and we live in the same city).  I dyed the skins of sock yarns I received and was very pleased with the results.  I ordered a couple more sets of needles and a  skein of BFL sock yarn (which became the Peacock Fury) and they all arrived with the same speed and quality of service.

The big appreciation came after I found myself in need of a DK weigh yarn for the 'What a Kool Way to Dye' April Challenge - Dye to Knit.  The first place I thought to purchase it was ACME Fibres.  There was none to be found.  I sent an email to Cheri just to make sure I wasn't missing it on the page.  She emailed me back quite quickly to inform me that there wasn't any on the site (me: phewf! I'm not as blind as I thought).  She offered me some of her own undyed sports/DK weight yarn, 100% superwash merino.  She put them up on the site for me.  I ordered two skeins and dyed Carol's eyes for my Hermione's Flip Top Mittens.

So thank you Cheri at ACME Fibres! From now on, you're my go to for undyed yarn :D

No comments:

Post a Comment